Deploy Microsoft Office (2016) with GPO

I struggled a bit with finding the right solution to deploy Office 2016 to my users.

I found that running the setup.exe was not really possible as I was forced to use a .MSI-file.

I ended up with making a .BAT-file that started the install, when the user logs on to Windows. It only runs on the machines that I choose and only runs if Office 2016 is not already installed on the machine.

I created a group policy that ran a logon script (my .BAT-file) and linked it to the GPO where all users are located.

My .BAT-file:

@echo off
cls

REM *** [GROUP/DEPARTMENT NAME] ***
if %computername%==PC1 goto checkVersion

REM *** [OTHER GROUP/DEPARTMENT NAME] ***
if %computername%==PC2 goto checkVersion
if %computername%==PC3 goto checkVersion
if %computername%==PC4 goto checkVersion
if %computername%==PC26 goto checkVersion
if %computername%==PC27 goto checkVersion
if %computername%==YOU-GET-THE-POINT goto checkVersion

goto end

:checkVersion
if exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\WINWORD.EXE" goto end
\\[PATH TO NETWORK SHARE HERE]\setup.exe

:end


When all machines have Office 2016 installed, I will delete the .BAT and group policy.

Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Microsoft Office 2016 and the AUTO_ACTIVATE property

Disable logon and logoff events (event id 4624, 4625, 4634 (and all the other ones...))

Enable OpenELEC SSH login with keys, and without password, disable local SSH password